Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Math Tubs, Valentines week

Simple week, really hitting teen numbers and I can really tell that the children have had ALOT of practice, they are getting better and they are UNDERSTANDING how to make a teen number. I love it! Here are some simple activities:














A quick and simple game I made for the SMART board. Very independent and GREAT - I could really see who understood. (It is also in our Dropbox)





A Valentine roll the die game. The children are drawing a little heart bug, they loved it and I am focusing on KNOWING those numbers without counting the dots. A lot of the children are there!



Here is the Polar Bear Die game that was the first thing you saw, this is just a picture of the kids playing it.




War! Concept is More or Less and the children LOVE playing this, they choose to play this during centers and after school waiting for the bus. Now that's a hit. :)



The Ten Frames game - we play it everyday, amazing how quick they are getting. I can really see quickly who is still struggling with one to one.





Hot Cocoa Teen game I posted this last week and we are still playing this. Here is last weeks link.




We are also rotating in manipulative to make patterns and sort. My plan this week is to introduce the more or less game with the unifix cubes, but I will have to do it whole group as an introduction, during morning meeting. I am still monitoring math tubs right now, helping with the low friends and giving those children the support at each math tub that they need.


















No comments:

Post a Comment