Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Math Tubs and transition





























Today we moved! The Tubs stayed on our tables and moved around to each tub. My classroom has tables numbered 1-6 and it is in order that way so the children move in a clockwise motion around my room.


We continued to explore the tubs and I worked with a group on the Smart table. We should explore for three more days and then off to having jobs we will go!


I sang my clean up song, in yesterdays post, and at the end I say "check the floors, check the tables, check your laps" - and instead of clap clap, I would say "Stand up" so as they cleaned up they would stand up and put their eyes on me. At this time, they are still a bit chatty and I usually have to ask for them to give me 5. Once they are all quiet, I showed them where they would go next, then I had them all point to where they were going and then they moved. ( Now I always have a friend who goes the wrong way.) I ring the bell and then they begin. Remember to have a team captain, to aviod fussing. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment